Steel Frame Construction
Steel frame construction use support columns and horizontal beams as the main load bearing system, with the elements bolted, welded and grid riveted to form a stable structure. Prior to the construction of the steel frame, the overall horizontal and longitudinal loads need to be taken into account in the design of the steel structure. It was designed to withstand the harsh local weather and to meet the lifting requirements of the building interior.
Comparing steel framing systems
Before making a steel building purchase, consider the specific differences between welded steel, lightweight steel and prefabricated steel systems. Choose the right rigid frame system.
1. Welded Steel Structures
Welded steel structures are processed in the traditional way by cutting and machining the pre-prepared steel material accurately on site.
The required lengths as well as sizes are achieved. These structures are then welded on site, but the disadvantage of this type of construction is that it requires specialist cutting and welding to build, and the strength of the frame depends on the tightness of the welds.
It is often used as a small storage shed or awning, for example. Because there are no specific strength standards for this type of construction, it is difficult to obtain the relevant permits.
2. Lightweight steel construction
Lightweight steel construction has a standard controlled structural lightness that makes it easier to obtain the relevant permits than welded steel construction.
Machined and constructed from 1-3 MM light steel sheet, bent into C- or Z-beams as the main kit for the frame.
In the same way as wooden buildings, steel studs are used instead of wooden studs.
However, it is far more resistant to fire and insect damage than wooden buildings.
The second thing is that light steel construction is also a renewable resource. However, it requires a large number of studs for the construction of the links and therefore takes longer to build than timber buildings.
The lack of strength in this type of frame construction requires the addition of load-bearing walls in fixed places, which greatly limits retrofitting work at a later stage. They are often used to build houses or small villas.
3. Prefabricated steel frame systems
The prefabricated steel frame system makes up for the above advantages and disadvantages of the building.
1. The prefabricated steel frame system adopts the factory prefabricated processing mode, which greatly shortens the on-site construction time, and each part is mechanically processed according to the design drawings, guaranteeing that each build of the steel frame system meets the architectural requirements. It also has commercial grade structural strength to meet various industrial, commercial and agricultural needs.
2. The steel building is extremely flexible, and as the business continues to grow, it is likely to face problems such as expansion of the plant, and this steel building can be easily expanded.
3. The strength of the commercial grade open span building eliminates the need for bulky load bearing columns and allows for full flexibility of internal space, ideal for building types such as racecourses, stadiums, railway stations, warehouses, workshops etc.
4. Excellent disaster resistance, the steel frame system provides excellent protection against hurricanes, snowstorms, strong earthquakes and pests, reducing the risk of investment.
5. Fast set-up and virtually maintenance-free characteristics, greatly reducing initial and later investment costs.
The infinite uses of steel framing systems
Steel framing systems are currently used in a wide range of industries as a mainstream building system, with the most common applications being:
Start custom steel frame construction
Take a detailed look at all our steel frame types and choose the type of construction that best meets your current needs. Consult our professional designers to answer all your questions and choose the most appropriate type of steel frame. We offer the quickest and most accurate design and quotation. Fully meet current custom requirements.